How can an Orofacial Myofunctional Therapist enhance your dental practice?
Are you one of the many dental professionals seeking for the latest and most innovative treatments out there to not just help your patients; but to make you the #1 dental professional in your community? With that in mind, having an Orofacial Myofunctional Therapist as part of your team WILL enhance your practice.
What is an Orofacial Myofunctional Therapist?
Orofacial Myofunctional therapists are highly trained medical/dental individuals whom work in a multidisciplinary way with other medical and dental professionals; in order to provide neurological re-education of the oral facial muscles in the treatment of Myofunctional Disorders. The therapy they provide is known as Myofunctional Therapy, and is well known for the re-patterning of the stomatognathic functions which include breathing, mastication, deglutition and positive behavioral modifications. Hence, through time and repetition neuroplasticity is developed.
What benefits can an Orofacial Myofunctional Therapist bring to my practice?
Benefits of having an Orofacial Myofunctional Therapist as part of your team can include, but are not limited to:
- Decrease in orthodontic relapse
- Elimination of tongue thrust (which can not only create malocclusions, but periodontal disease, digestive problems and more)
- Facial esthetic benefits
- Breathing re-education (helps patients suffering from mouth breathing)
- Lip seal
- Aide in the treatment of sleep disordered breathing (obstructive sleep apnea)
- Decrease snoring
- Aide with TMD (Jaw pain)
- Aide with proper oral resting posture
- Aide in the treatment of Myofunctional Disorders